Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Hey Vikings, fuck you!


In what has already been a stellar week for Packers fans everywhere, the Minnesota Vikings announced yesterday that they have fired Brad Childress. The firing comes after a humiliating home defeat by our beloved Green Bay Packers in which the hapless Vikings barely showed up. Even before this week--when the wheels officially came off for Minnesota--I knew this team was doomed. I could not help screaming at the television any and every time someone referred to this year's Vikings team as a serious Super Bowl contender. Seriously, this team was going nowhere from the start.

Favre is an ass-clown off the field and a liability on it. Even if he could replicate last year, he couldn't get them over the hump then and he wouldn't have been able to now. I could only laugh at the Vikings unconcealed desperation in their pathetic gestures to woo the old man back to the field. If I was a Minnesota fan, I would have been IRATE. I'm so glad my organization has its shit together.

This game, as we all know, concludes the season sweep of Minnesota by Green Bay and, as such, ensures that 2010 will go down as a successful season. I could not be happier that Favre decided to return to the game so that I could see the beaten look in his eyes and hear the defeated tone in his voice after we returned the favor for last year's fluke-of-a-sweep by the Vikings. The piece-of-shit traitor deserves everything he's gotten this season. It's like a karmic repayment for holding teams and fans hostage with his annual retirement flip-flops.

The Vikings, like Favre, deserve what they've gotten this year. By letting Favre keep them in waiting like his bitch, Childress and the organization set themselves back years. No coach, no long-term solutions at QB, too few wins, and no stadium deal have this team in a world of hurt. Personally, I love it.


Jeff N.

No comments: